[rescue] OT: IRIX 6.5 installation on a Indigo2 R10k Impact

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 30 10:03:03 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [rescue] OT: IRIX 6.5 installation on a Indigo2 R10k Impact

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Barry Fujii wrote:
>
> > Howdy everyone,
> > Im trying to get irix 6.5.11 installed on my indigo2 but after exiting
fx
> > and starting the installer, the mini-root is copied over and the machine
> > appears to reboot or reset or something. The screen goes blank, the
> > indicators on the lcd monitor indicate zero signal.  The led on the
front of
> > the machine indicates green and is not flashing indicating an error.
>
> It sounds like your monitor doesn't support the default resolution the
> video card is spitting out, which should be 1280x1024 at 60Hz,
> sync-on-green.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's actually 1280x1024 at 72Hz. My Octane is hooked up
to an old SGI 1280x1024 at 60Hz monitor and it will _not_ sync up at the
"default"
or console resolution. X is set for 1280x1024_60 and when X starts it does
sync
properly. Sorry to pick a nit, but it's a nit I know all too well. - MF