[rescue] vinyl - wav - cd

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Jun 28 17:08:55 CDT 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> > hey all - a problem is that turntable outputs are riaa equalised - so
> > you need a phono preamp or equivalent to get the right mix when going
> > into straight audio input jacks - billp

Is the turntable plugged into a normal receiver/amp? If so just plug the
out from the amp into the computer, that takes care of most preamp issues.
That is how I did it, also use some software to clean up the final
recording. I used some of the steinberg stuff and it did a fantastic job
and polishing a few recordings that I did to preserve my dad's record
collection. Of course I guess now hte RIAA is gonna sue my ass for doing
this right :).