[rescue] vinyl - wav - cd

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Jun 28 17:11:15 CDT 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> I would think that turntable outputs --> I2 audio jacks would work
> just fine, no?

That's worked just fine for me,  Just make sure to set your levels
correctly in audiopanel so that you don't clip.  Make sure the "meter"
checkbox is checked so that you can keep an eye on this.

> You will want to check audiopanel to be sure you are capturing at 44.1
> or 48kHz.

44.1kHz for CD, and 48kHz for DAT.  You want to avoid converting between
the two.  If you want both media, record twice, as converting between
those two bitrates produces shit sound.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren