[rescue] Re: G5 case

C. Magnus Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 25 18:56:50 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 06:06 PM, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> sparc32 is "dead" to most of the kernel guys... there are only
> a few doing work on it.

That's all anyone could want.  They are doing pretty well compared to
some of the other non-x86 platforms (even the ones that are still
alive).

> However, yes, 2.4 works well for sun4m NOW, but 6 months ago
> it was hit and miss, some people it worked for, many it didn't.

That's true of all major kernel releases.  It takes awhile to shake the
bugs out.

But six months ago, it was definitely working for me.  In fact sun4m
was working much better than sun4u for me at the time.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish