[rescue] Re: G5 case

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Jun 25 17:06:26 CDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, C. Magnus Hedemark wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 04:24 PM, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> > Really?  It's been stable on sun4c machines for a long time?
> > No, it hasn't.  Hell, it hasn't been stable on ANY sparc32
> > machines for that long.

> Untrue.

I assume you're talking about it not having been stable for
long on any sparc32...

> sun4c is a "dead" platform according to most of the kernel guys.
> Nobody wants to touch it.  sun4m is supported, though, and works pretty
> darned well for me.

sparc32 is "dead" to most of the kernel guys... there are only
a few doing work on it.

However, yes, 2.4 works well for sun4m NOW, but 6 months ago
it was hit and miss, some people it worked for, many it didn't.

--Kurt