[rescue] Re: G5 case

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Tue Jun 24 19:24:22 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 05:15 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> Is actually anyone here buying a Mac for the *hardware*? I would just
>> try osX
>> on it for fun to see what it's like, I wouldn't think about Really
>> Using it
>> though.
>
> I reboot maybe once a week, or once a month, depending... I think the
> last
> time I rebooted was for a major software update.

I pretty much ONLY reboot when Software Update tells me I must. I'm on
my Wallstreet (G3/292) all day every day pretty much. And yes, Frank, I
Really Use it. I wouldn't trade it for anything but a newer PowerBook.
I've given up on peecees, left my Suns powered off for months, and
never bothered to load an OS on my SGIs. All due to my wonderful
PowerBook.

> I've kernel-panic'ed the machine *once* in the past six months.

I can reproduce a know kernel panic on the Wallstreet any time I like
by unloading and reloading the third-party wireless driver. The author
of KisMac patched it, but now it never reloads. So I leave the card in.
Never panic'd otherwise.

---sambo