[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 24 11:27:11 CDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I don't think I can agree with that.  The majority of Macs, and
> certainly just about everything prior to the iMac, have looked not
> greatly different than commodity PCs.  It's only in the last few years
> that Apple has come out with significantly non-traditional-looking case
> designs (and started the fad of translucent fruit-flavored EVERYTHING).

....yeah because every PC in the 80s came with an integrated monitor and a
mouse, right? :) You gotta put things in perspecive, PC evolved to look
like the Macs that predated them by a few years, hence PCs and Macs
started to look equal. But whenever a mac is introduced it tends to look
significantly different to the corresponding commodity machines. Look at
all those cases that started to spot translucent crap right after the
imac.