[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 23 11:48:24 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 10:39:46PM -0400, robert brooke gravitt wrote:

> I suppose it is a tradeoff- rather than spend the money on what's
> important (your own/your family's health care) many people will buy the
> nonessential items first. I'd put shelter + health care as the top two
> things you should spend money on.

The problem with this is that a lot of "unessentials" are required for
various reasons. I have a lot of things which are not essential, but I
have to have them because that's just how our society is.

I'd be perfectly willing to do without a lot of things I spend money
on, but I'd also be unable to travel, do business, interface with the
government, etc.

We have created a system in which survival == money. You can no longer
"live off the land" or even live simply.

We should be applying our technology toward simplification of life, but
we are still going rapidly in the opposite direction.