[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 17:36:04 CDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:52:39 -0400
"Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> when rich people get sick, they come to the USA to get treatment.
> They don't go to Japan or Sweden.

They *all* go to the US ? Of course you didn't say that but you implied
it. What about some figures then ? What do rich people do when they need
emergency treatment ?

> when your soldiers come back from a war in Iraq, they don't have to
> join a waiting list to receive treatment for their injuries like they
> do in the UK.

Bollocks. If a UK soldier comes back from a war with an injury (you know
... like blood spurting) he get treated straight away, and someone waits
a little longer for something like a hip replacement. Same applies to
any life threatening injury. If he then needs further treatment like
physiotherapy, he joins the queue for that treatment (which probably
isn't that long ... I only had to wait 3 weeks for a trivial diagnosis).

If you're talking about Gulf war syndrome, that's not an injury it's an
illness. And you can always find bad points to every health care system
... picking on one doesn't show much.

> I grew up in Canada and MUCH prefer pretty much everything about the
> USA, including the *FREEDOM* to choose my own health care plan.

I don't know about Canada, but in the UK you would be free to spend
extra to ensure you get a gold-plated bedpan. Sure you then pay twice,
but so ? You're doing that in the US anyway (something called
"Medicair" isn't it?).