[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Jun 22 21:42:07 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 11:36:04PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:52:39 -0400
> "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> > when rich people get sick, they come to the USA to get treatment.
> > They don't go to Japan or Sweden.
>
> They *all* go to the US ? Of course you didn't say that but you implied
> it. What about some figures then ? What do rich people do when they need
> emergency treatment ?

They get the best they can in the country they are in of course; then
if needed they come to the USA.  One of the biggest Islmaic mullahs
who preached about the Great Satan, the US, died recently.  He'd spent
his last years in Boston, undergoing treatment not available
elsewhere.

> > when your soldiers come back from a war in Iraq, they don't have to
> > join a waiting list to receive treatment for their injuries like they
> > do in the UK.
>
> Bollocks. If a UK soldier comes back from a war with an injury (you know
> ... like blood spurting) he get treated straight away, and someone waits
> a little longer for something like a hip replacement. Same applies to
> any life threatening injury. If he then needs further treatment like
> physiotherapy, he joins the queue for that treatment (which probably
> isn't that long ... I only had to wait 3 weeks for a trivial diagnosis).

news.google.com, search "nhs soldier"

Is the Independent considered a good news source?  I don't think any
paper that hires Robert Fisk is going to be accused of right-wing
bias, is it?

Quote from first article returned:

--begin quote--
"Soldiers injured in the invasion of Iraq are having to pay for
expensive private medical treatment to avoid long delays on NHS
waiting lists."

[further in the article]

In the latest issue of the RAF's newspaper, a sergeant writes: "It
took two months [from] my referral to the NHS to get a date for
consultation that is a further four months away. I will then have to
wait approximately another six months to receive an operation and
together with recuperation I will have been (medically) downgraded for
close to 18 months.

--end quote--

"...But it's 'special train for Atkins' when the troop is on the tide"
-Kipling

Cordially

--Patrick