[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 21 13:17:43 CDT 2003

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 01:49 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> NJ is not the armpit of US, IMHO.
>>
>> I would argue that while I have little use for 25-33% of NJ, but the
>> good outweighs the bad by a large margin in the remaining 67-75%...
>>
>> That 25-33% relates to the Pine Barrens & North Jersey (think
>> Soprano's
>> opening shots)...
>>
> Perhaps not... but I have only ever gotten out of the car on the NJ
> shore and had it not stink.... everywhere else smells like some rotten
> combination of:
>
> 1. Cherries
> 2. Diapers
> 3. Salt Pork
> 4. Fish meal
>
> The scenery isn't that great either.  I was totally ignoring the "run
> down" area of a city concept ... I was just talking about there being
> really no areas where I get out of the car... spread my arms out...
> take a deep breath and just take in the awe inspiring beauty... like
> for instance.... Arizona.

   That's because you were probably in some big city (Newark comes to
mind...cesspool) or somewhere along the "traditional" roads where only
out-of-state drivers travel, like the NJ Turnpike or the Garden State
Parkway.  They're both lined with pure shit for most of their miles.
That's why you rarely see NJ license plates on those roads. ;)

   Don't get me wrong, I'm *NEVER* moving back there (I finally moved to
the perfect place for me) but the NJ stereotypes, however widespread,
are very inaccurate.

           -Dave