[rescue] A bit of Fun and OT

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Jun 20 16:22:11 CDT 2003

--On Thursday, June 19, 2003 11:14 PM -0400 Charles Shannon Hendrix
<shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> I also made the mistake of using a PeeCee AGP card tie one time, which
> is supposed to keep the card from popping out. It worked. In fact, the
> card has not since been out because neither I nor several other people
> have been able to get the damned thing out.
>
> The only way to cut it risks damage to the card! It basically has no
> release at all.

Odd.  I'd never seen one of these little "locking pegs" until the latest
Gigabyte mobo I bought when I upgraded my gaming box recently.  I thought
to myself, "What the heck is this for?  Is the AGP card just going to
fall out or something?"  I can only presume that it got added after LAN-
party geeks started bitching about blowing their video cards from power
problems of partially seated cards.  Seems pretty stupid to manufacturer
a solution to a problem that would have resulted in more video card sales.

But then, I'm one of those people that thinks people need to have
consequences
to learn not to do stupid things.

=Nadine=

p.s. Of course, since I publicly stated that I would no longer be looking
for an IT job to all of you yesterday, what happens?  I get called in for
an interview for another job at a start-up where I interviewed at last
November.