[rescue] A bit of Fun and OT

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Jun 19 20:00:55 CDT 2003

--On Thursday, June 19, 2003 6:54 PM -0400 Charles Shannon Hendrix
<shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:03:45PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
>> This particular sys admin would have been better off sticking to
>> Perl.  He didn't have much of a head for hardware.  Kind of like
>
> He just didn't follow through properly.
>
> And please, if he can't tie down a CPU, please don't let him near
> Perl... :)

I know what you are trying to say, but he *got* Perl (it was all up-
stairs--nothing to fiddle with); he didn't get hardware.  It's sort
of odd, really, since he was a very accomplished beer brewer and
made hella good salsa (grew his own habanero's).

> I tied down some memory and I/O controllers once with wire.  Worked
> great until we could order more clips.
>
> BTW... the "clips" were basically zip-ties... :)

Yes, but if it hadn't worked, you would have fiddled with it
yourself, not called the manufacturer's SE to look over your
work, right?

=Nadine=