[rescue] A bit of Fun

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Jun 19 21:10:14 CDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 12:46 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

>> You have to take the fucking screen off to change the hard disk?
> Which Powerbook do you have to do that for?  Wallstreet?
>
> The Wallstreets have to be pretty much disassembled to get at the
> backup battery.

Uh, no. Wallstreet's easy as pie to work on. I love my Wallstreet. Only
thing I'd trade it for is a newer Powerbook.

Hard drive, CPU and RAM are right under the keyboard, which pops up if
you pull the catches in the expansion bays. Yes, you have to remove the
upper half of the lower case to change the battery. So what? It's only
(flips laptop over) 8 screws. Err, and yes, you'd have to remove the
screen to do that, which is another 4 screws. BFD.

---sambo