[rescue] A bit of Fun

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Jun 20 09:37:56 CDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 10:10 PM, sammy ominsky wrote:

> Uh, no. Wallstreet's easy as pie to work on. I love my Wallstreet.
> Only thing I'd trade it for is a newer Powerbook.
>
> Hard drive, CPU and RAM are right under the keyboard, which pops up if
> you pull the catches in the expansion bays. Yes, you have to remove
> the upper half of the lower case to change the battery. So what? It's
> only (flips laptop over) 8 screws. Err, and yes, you'd have to remove
> the screen to do that, which is another 4 screws. BFD.

Yo Sambo relax... I wasn't saying they were difficult... just slightly
more difficult than the later models...(I believe that was someone
else) it's all relative.  Besides if it's one thing I know currently
it's Apple's entire hardware lineup.  Being an Apple Desktop and
Portable cert'ed tech I have access to all the manuals from the
original 1984 Mac and Apple Portable to the current MD systems.... most
of these have take-apart sections for easy consultation.... and I have
to say working in support isn't the best thing, but it's really nice to
work in a big company as the Apple guy rather than the PC guy... even
though I do PC servers and PA-risc servers.

Andrew