[rescue] Perverse Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 17 10:21:07 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:44AM, you wrote:
> Sorry, old thread by now, but just wanted to interject that Dave has a
> history (too strong a word?) of having a string of bad days off list,
> coming on to Rescue, getting involved in a debate about (for example)
> why it is OK to call a Mac system box the "hard drive", or why you need
> at least 2 GHz to do any useful work, etc. and having a dramatic
> flameout, where he unsubscribes.
>
> I think he's done it two or three times in the last year or two.

   You know, I'm just about sick of this.  Now I'm being called a "bigot"
behind my back for the horrible sin of having some STANDARDS.  Well,
excuse the living piss out of me, ok?

   I also don't eat cat shit, and prefer things like Thai curry dishes.
Does that make me a bigot?  It must, it's the same fucking thing.  I
WILL NOT eat cat shit when Thai curry is available right down the
street.  Terrible bigot I am, I know.  So be it.

   Those "dramatic flameouts" of which you speak have to do with my not
being a very patient person, especially in the face of stupidity.
Incidentally, this is also one of the biggest  reasons why I don't try
to pretend x86 boxes were designed for production use on a network.

> Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step, right Dave? ;^)

   Fuck you, Lionel.  The fact that people mistake knowing shit from good
tools for "bigotry" is not MY problem.

   And forgive me if this message is strangely formatted, I'm sending it
from the mail client in my cell phone (yay Sidekick) because my
connectivity is STILL down (eight days and counting), and now they've
managed to fuck up my regular phone line as well.  Would now be a good
time to mention that this telco's switch control stuff all runs on PCs?

    -Dave