[rescue] Re: Landscaping with technology

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Tue Jun 17 01:21:08 CDT 2003

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> The best audio-hack though was in college.  We had a network of systems,
> and many had audio ability.  At the time we had network audio, but in
> those days there basically was no security.

<snip>

Sounds like a prank I did to a friend at a university some routerhops
away. I *knew* they were always naive and always set "xhost +" on their
SGI workstations, cause they wanted X apps from a couple of servers.
Anyway, I quickly looked at their webpage at "where is who logged in",
and did a quick search for the absolutely nastiest gay-porn I could find
at the moment (and no comments from the peanut-gallery, please!) and did
a quick "xv -root -quit". The sad part is that he always had so much
windows on his desktop that he didn't see it until he was about to log
out. Oh, and he had his indycam on. I would have payed *money* to see
his face again when he iconified window after window... :-)

/Bjorn