[rescue] HP K-class graphics card

Michael Still michaelstill at tmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:10:11 CDT 2003

On 06/15/03 at 07:23 PM you wrote:
>  Hi Lads
>
>  My K570 just sprouted a head :-)

-snip -

>  This is the most gloriously silly thing I've ever seen on an HP 9000
server. I cannot imagine what market this part was produced for - has
anyone else ever seen one of these in a production environment?

I've heard of these, but never used (or seen) one.  I did get a quote
for one while putting together a K box a while ago.  Don't remember how
much it was though.

I think they marketed a K-box (K460-80) as a deskside workstation for
people who needed more cpus than any other workstation they offered
(which I don't think any others could do cpus > 2).

I suppose this is similar to putting a framebuffer in a L or N box
(which I'm pretty sure you can do), but I think the card is just a
plain
  framebuffer with no fancy graphics power.

Michael Still (MichaelStill at tmail.com