[rescue] bits and pieces

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 11:59:23 CDT 2003

--- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:

> I'm also trying to thin my collection.  A lot of it's not
> computer-related, and what of it that is, is mostly obsolete
> PC gear that lacks distinction or interest.

Me too - I have decided to make a pile of them and work them up (based
on processor speed) and try and make some useful machines for friends
kids (in the 3-> 6 yr. old range) for trivial kids programs (or as home
Citrix clients for co-workers without PCs)...

> Fortunately, for me there exists an alternative to shipping my crap
> to Dave's garage.  Each year, the local Rotary club has a giant,
> island-wide rummage sale.  You can give 'em almost anything (exit
> my crap) and anything not bought at the sale (enter someone else's
> crap) ends up at an appropriate charity (exeunt omnes).

Island? Do tell...

Sounds nice - I too am trying to clean out my storage space - phase one
is getting rid of my old monitor boxes/shipping boxes/etc... Open up
some working space for the "crap tiage" festival...

=====
Lionel