[rescue] bits and pieces

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Jun 14 11:40:43 CDT 2003

Jeffrey J. Nonken inscribed ...
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:06:24 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
[snip]
> >Oh yes.  Please don't chuck it, though...every now & then they're
> >needed as a repair part.
> >
> >-Dave
>
> Dave, I have a basment full of replacement parts. So far when I've
> asked here, nobody has wanted me to throw away ANYTHING. That's fine,
> except that one of the reasons I'm going through all this stuff is to
> figure out what to keep and what to throw away.

[snip a long lament about old computer part triage]

It's a pity you didn't write that in iambic pentameter with an ABBA
rhymescheme; what's you have is as classic as "Let me not to the marriage of
true minds".  We Rescuers all face that problem, to a greater or lesser
degree.  To a greater or lesser degree, we're all packrats, too.

I'm also trying to thin my collection.  A lot of it's not computer-related,
and what of it that is, is mostly obsolete PC gear that lacks distinction or
interest.

Fortunately, for me there exists an alternative to shipping my crap to
Dave's garage.  Each year, the local Rotary club has a giant, island-wide
rummage sale.  You can give 'em almost anything (exit my crap) and anything
not bought at the sale (enter someone else's crap) ends up at an appropriate
charity (exeunt omnes).

So, come next Wednesday, when the Rotary starts accepting donations, I may
actually be able to see across the garage!

-Shel