[rescue] retrotastic!

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Jun 12 12:10:56 CDT 2003

> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=273515381
> 7&category=162
>

> --
>
> Rob Fielding

	I spy, with my little eye, something that starts with danger! anyone
notice this line in the auction towards the end just before the computers
pictures start.

	"Due to the quantity of stuff I can't gaurintee that any of this
works or that the above invintory is correct. However I believe most of the
stuff works. The invintory is probably missing a lot of what is included in
this lot." (spelling mistakes from original)

	That last sentence is a killer. you are agreeing to buy a lot with
no fixed inventory here. Also the guy has a feedback rating of 1, left from
over a year and a half ago. It's setting off my E-bay alarms.

	A further check shows a shill bidder on this. threelionsfan66 has
bid 4 times to raise the price so far and has a feedback of 0 and a quick
check shows that the account was created June 8th 2003...

	and oh my, I just checked as a final to this. His postage and
packing is #400.00! My oh My! And he list no return, no postage at the
bottom. Not sure what that means exactly. But I suggest cash in had as you
pick it up and inspect for this auction.

United Kingdom Postage and packaging  #400.00
Postal insurance per item (not available)  --

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org