sparcalarms, was Re: [rescue] Perverse Question

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Jun 10 16:45:05 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:56:42PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Eric Josephson <ericj at speakeasy.org> wrote:

> > > I'd love to see a small write-up on this... Think of the
> > > possibilities - why, if we could interconnect all our
> > > appliances, and maybe come up with a portable programming
> > > language that would allow you to write once, run anywhere,
> > > well, you could be on to something...
> > >

> > You mean like p-code or zil?  It's been done.  Never caught on,
> > though.
>
> Bzzt - wrong answer, I was thinking "Oak", or, as it is more commonly
> called these days "Java"... I'm sorry... Better luck next time.

Wouldn't someone familiar with SysV and who lives close to Murray
Hill, NJ be more likely to think "ksh"?

I mean, I have never seen a ksh process taking 38MB RSS.

Just asking...

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |