sparcalarms, was Re: [rescue] Perverse Question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 16:56:42 CDT 2003

--- Eric Josephson <ericj at speakeasy.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > > I use my LX'es as alarm clocks and they'll definitely
> > > handle mp3s.
> >
> > I'd love to see a small write-up on this... Think of the
> > possibilities - why, if we could interconnect all our
> > appliances, and maybe come up with a portable programming
> > language that would allow you to write once, run anywhere,
> > well, you could be on to something...
> >

> You mean like p-code or zil?  It's been done.  Never caught on,
> though.

Bzzt - wrong answer, I was thinking "Oak", or, as it is more commonly
called these days "Java"... I'm sorry... Better luck next time.

Actually Java was developed for set top boxes, then when that market
went belly-up, it was repurposed to this new thing callered the
Internet (based on the ARPA/DARPA network)... ;^)

Sorry, I don't *mean* to be a smart ass, just having fun...

=====
Lionel