An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

James Rice jrice54 at charter.net
Tue Jul 29 21:45:41 CDT 2003

We (the company I work for) just contracted to SBC for a pair of T1's
unlimited transfer bandwidth.  It's costing $1200 a month.  We got 2
blocks of IP's, 32 addresses in each.  She also bought a Cisco 2600
router but didn't pay for setup. I guess it's "learn IOS on the fly"
time.  We write, sell and support  EMC modules that get tweaked all of
the time, so keeping 3-4000 users updated all of the time is a bitch, so
we are starting to do auto-updates via internet.  We had a pair of
pretty fast DSL's but the load was choking them, so here come the T1's.
We actually bought 3, but one is set up as a DS1 for 24 voice lines.
It's being connected to a NBX100.

James

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html