[rescue] Re: Being jobless

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jul 28 12:41:20 CDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> On a side note, on the SH-3 we can't even use -O2 optimization and have
> the ecos example programs still function.

Well, of course!  GCC optimized all the useless code away leaving you
with object code that causes the cache lines to resonate an 8-bit
mu-law version of the Free Software Song.  Which is what you get for
using a processor that isn't Free Hardware, you greedy capitalist pig.

FSF is just like Microsoft when it comes to quality: Nifty frilly
features get to cut in line before stability.  I should qualify this.
NEW FSF code is like that.  Check out your local GNU mirror (assuming
your mirror keeps old versions around) and take a look at the bloat
that's been introduced in the last year or two.

Either there's an awful lot of useless crap being crammed in, or
they're having the same problems coping with the new versions of
autoconf/automake/automangle that the rest of the world is.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford