[rescue] Divide and conquer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 10:51:30 CDT 2003

Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
> From: abuse at cabal.org.uk (Peter Corlett)
[...]
>> It's dependent on the flavour of the BIOS, of course. Some are more sane
>> than others.
> do you [or anyone else] have details? names? i've got this friend...

Almost all my machines have had AMI BIOS of some form or other. However,
judging by the wide variance in functionality between, I'm guessing that AMI
BIOS is just a large code base where a board manufacturer asks for features
to be enabled and disabled on a model-by-model basis.

(And then there's the horror that is non-AMI BIOS. Particularly Compaq
*spit*.)

PC BIOS, as many people have noted, is a total disaster area.

--
Another tradition is to soak the pudding in brandy and then set fire to it.
One year we couldn't find any brandy so we used whisky. This produced a