[rescue] SCSI problem.

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jul 24 08:46:32 CDT 2003

>From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
>
>"From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
>"
>">From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
>">
>">there's a way to turn tcq off for an entire bus or an individual
>">target, but i dunno the details.  iirc it goes in /etc/system though.
>"
>"Actually I think you need to set scsi-options or target<n>-scsi-options
>"(where <n> is the target of the drive) in /kernel/drv/<device>.conf
>"file (where <device> is esp, isp, fas, etc...).  For more info
>"see the man pages for esp.
>
>but you can also patch the driver on the fly with either ndd or
>/etc/system entries.

didn't know you could set these values after boot ?  Didn't notice
that in the man pages anyway.

I thought /etc/system is only read at bootup, so how would you do
anything with /etc/system "on the fly" ?

Also, in this case, something permanent is desired, so something in
/etc/system or the apprpopriate conf file in /kernel/drv is desired
(if ndd will set these values, then that would be good to test out
if disabling it will solve the problem though (w/o having to reboot)).

-- Curt