[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Jan 30 11:48:34 CST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:11:39 -0500, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com>
wrote:

> Having been both the subject and the object of this little trick, I can
> assure you that it works.  Driving the Cobra like that is tough, though.
> The same G-forces that keep the passenger from getting your money make it
> hard to reach to reach the stick, and you do have to shift once before you
> get to sixty, IIRC.

In most of the sticks I've driven, other than some of the older 3-speed jobs,
you shift towards you to go from 1st to 2nd. No need to take your hand off
the
stick in the first place if you're on a straight piece of road...

It's getting to 3rd gear that's the tricky part. :)

---
Duct tape is like the force -- it has a light side and a dark side, and it
holds the universe together.