[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Sun Jan 26 17:13:52 CST 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Uh-huh.  More for you, man. ;)  When I was shopping for a Porsche, I
> test drove a couple of 911 Turbos.  Stock at the dealership, those cars
> pulled me into the seat so hard I couldn't draw a breath of air into my
> lungs.  That scared the living shit out of me...I wound up buying the
> normally aspirated version.

According to a car salesman I used to do database consulting for a long,
long time ago, nothing on four wheels could pin you back in your seat like
the Shelby Cobra.  To close the deal, the salesman would strap the buyer
into the passenger seat, take a crisp $100 from his wallet and tuck it
under the visor in front of him, and tell him "If you can grab that $100
before the odometer reaches 60, it's yours."  They never had to pay it.

Strange lot, those guys.  Too many times I'd get a ride home at 4AM after
recovering their system, rocketing down I-84 at 105mph in his Acura too
tired to care that my young life was flashing before my eyes... even
today, I still prefer to ride the bus. :-)

Off-topic, but what the hell. :-)

Cheers,

-- Chris