[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 25 23:59:12 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 09:55 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> Heh.  Are you aware that some "l33t" overclockers have cooling fans on
> the PCI bridge chipsets ("north bridge" and "south bridge" chipsets)?
>
> Dude, it must be a CPU, it's on the m0b0!

   Sigh.  "Mobos" and "distros".

> Linux will achieve what MSFT did not: the obliteration of RISC
> processors being used on workstation platforms.

   Yeah, right.

> All the MBAs at Sun, HP, SGI, et al. are drooling over the "synergy"
> of charging you and me fat markups on Itaniums while talking about how
> much better their China-sourced parts are vs. the China-sourced parts
> you can buy off newegg.com or via Pricewatch.com .

   Yeah but nobody's *buying* the Itaniums.  Sooner or later even the
dumbest of suits will have to realize that.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your