[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Jan 25 20:55:52 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:48:24PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > I'm surprised he didn't tout it as having 3 CPUs.
>
>    Yeah.  It's amazing how anything that has a heat sink on it is a
> "CPU".  People who don't know the difference should somehow be
> prevented from using the terms.

Heh.  Are you aware that some "l33t" overclockers have cooling fans on
the PCI bridge chipsets ("north bridge" and "south bridge" chipsets)?

Dude, it must be a CPU, it's on the m0b0!

>    But then, the PC market wouldn't exist.

Yes, we'd all be running "dual SNMP, baby!" Sun boxes.

Linux will achieve what MSFT did not: the obliteration of RISC
processors being used on workstation platforms.

All the MBAs at Sun, HP, SGI, et al. are drooling over the "synergy"
of charging you and me fat markups on Itaniums while talking about how
much better their China-sourced parts are vs. the China-sourced parts
you can buy off newegg.com or via Pricewatch.com .

--Patrick