[rescue] Sun Interface Converter

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Jan 25 22:37:24 CST 2003

Reflecting on this further, I think even if the circuitry would do it,
the fact that the device pulls it's power from the Sun keyboard port
would mean it wouldn't work in the opposite direction, as it would not
have power.....

Wonder if anyone ever did go in that direction ?  There are more than
enough keys/scancodes on a Sun KB to do it, and a Sun mouse has enough
buttons... I'm sure the process is quite similiar in both directions

Guess I'll end up going with the pc monitor/kb/mouse on the pc kvm
with the Sun KVM daisy chained off one of the pc kvm ports.

Now, too bad my PC KVM doesn't have PS2 ports !  It's AT/serial...
and I know I can convert the AT to PS/2 kb... but can the serial
be converted to PS/2 mouse ????

-- Curt