[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Bill Martin wrmartin at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 00:06:21 CST 2003

Further scrounging around the net has me quite confused as to what this
"MicroFax" really is.  It's label says it's a DEC 6400R-F2, Series
BA215.  But Google has no idea what that is.  It's obviously not a VAX
6400, but I can find no reference to any MicroVAXen numbered higher than
3900.  It's apparently not a MicroVAX 3x00, although it bore (back before
someone made off with the front cover) some strong resemblance to a
38/3900.  But the specs on the Compaq web site show differences.  Can't
find anything with a similar control panel. Having a DEC Capital Asset tag,
could it be some unreleased box?  Would they custom build machines on occasion?

Should have gone to bed before now, but it's a new machine (to me.)  And I
won't be able to do more after mid-morning tomorrow until the middle of
next week..

Bill Martin