[rescue] You want balls?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jan 17 14:18:19 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:13:52PM -0500, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Lode runner was always better on non IBM PC platforms anyway.
>
> Old PC games generally usually sucked...  the PC was never meant
> for gaming, and things like the Atari and Commodore lines always
> did much better.
>
> The oldest PC games I can remember liking are SimCity, the Keen series,
> Impossible Mission, Thexder, etc...

I don't know why someone didn't go and make a decent video card games
for PCs.  You know, sometime like maybe 1988 or later, make a video card
with a meg or so of ram, and a chip on it to do sprites.  Hmm.  That
might be an amusing project to do on an FPGA.  Except, if doing it
today, why not go for 32bit?

--
Joshua D. Boyd