[rescue] SunTuner?

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Fri Jan 17 10:43:31 CST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:14:25 -0500, you wrote:

> I don't have the model # in front of my, but it has everything you
> mentioned, minus the transmitters but with an all-in-one programmable
> remote, minus the compu-link, plus a third set of inputs (for the
> playstation, of course), plus stereo audio and video out.

Yeah, mine has Audio out as well, though not video out.

I run the DVD into the component input (with audio), my receiver into the
other input, and cable into the cable input. I don't bother with the TV audio
output; through judicious juggling, A/V inputs on the receiver, a second set
of outputs from the DVD player, and a baseband switch, I can pipe any of the
A/V components (except the TV) through the receiver. The TV's speakers are
plenty good enough for casual viewing. For movies, we can use either the
receiver & speakers or the TV for audio, and if we really, really want to
watch something on cable and use the stereo to listen to it, I can use the
VCR
to provide the audio source.

I wouldn't mind having a better receiver, though. One with Dolby Digital and
more A/V inputs. And reliable connectors. But this works for now.

Of course, where you bought the TV also makes a difference. I bought mine at
local A/V shop. Not one of the really high-end places, where there's a cover
charge and minimum purchase and the handicapped parking spot has a
gold-plated
sign, but not a discount store, either.

... I think we're starting to wander afield here... the only on-topic thing
I've mentioned recently is building the modulator from old VCR parts. Though
one look at my entertainment center would dispel that, expecially the old
turntable I rescued from my neighbor's trash. And the laserdisc player. And
the reel-to-reel. And...

 :)

Speaking of laserdisc players, my old Sony model is dead, but the laser still
works... can anybody think of a use for a 10mw HeNe laser, aside from
blinding
people? :/

---
Support your right to keep and arm bears.