[rescue] SunTuner?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 17 10:14:25 CST 2003

"Jeffrey J.Nonken" <jeff_work at nonken.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:17:20 -0500, you wrote:
> > Yikes!  My JVC 34" cost less than that...
>
> Which model? When did you buy it? This was a couple years ago... 27" Sony
> flatscreen TVs were going for around $800 in the same store... this is a
> D-series flatscreen (not as flat as the Sony models). Has P-in-P, two A/V
> inputs, one is composite-only, the other will take composite, S-video, or
> component. Electronic TV guide menu thingy, too, recording timer and two
> remote control transmitters that plug in (for controlling your VCR and
> cable box), and their compu-link or whatever it's called. Turns out it was
> a top-of-the-line model, which I didn't realize at the time I bought it.

I don't have the model # in front of my, but it has everything you
mentioned, minus the transmitters but with an all-in-one programmable
remote, minus the compu-link, plus a third set of inputs (for the
playstation, of course), plus stereo audio and video out.

I tend to drive the cable box/VCR on RF in, the DVD on the component in, and
the playstation on RCA in.  The first input block actually has the option of
being either RCA, RF or SVideo, so you have a choice of inputs depending on
what your cable box or other peripheral can manage.  The third set is either
RCA or SVideo, IIRC, and you can either use the back block, or use the block
on the front (which is RCA only).  At least I think it's only 3 inputs - I
could well be wrong, and it might actually be 4 inputs.

But, even all that ain't good enough - we fell in love with the HDTVs almost
immediately after buying this one.  Yes, we take our entertainment
seriously...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com