ok this just kick's ass (was RE: [rescue] The onyx godness (first pictures))

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Thu Jan 16 15:14:32 CST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:43:50 -0500
"Thomas Gallaway" <tgallaway at comcast.net> wrote:

> We should write a FAQ about suits? Or maybe compile a book hehe....
> Most people are to stupid to realize how suits work and how they spread
> their evil doing over the world. Ok to change the point cause this makes
> me just mad...

Being on the "best" way to become a suit myself I hereby promise to become
(the first? of) a new class of better suits. After all I have a very soft
spot for old computers and related material.

> I found out the scrapper got about $1000 worth of metal/gold out of the
> cray j90. If he would sold it on e-bay or on the local market he probably
> would have got $3k+ out of it. So even for knowing that such a fine pice
> of hardware died a horrible death (scene from terminator when he kill's
> himselfe by melting him) it is good to know that the scapper fucked him
> selfe over.

*yuck*

What are the experiences you guys made when talking to scrap dealers?
Do they even listen if you try to buy some of their stuff?

> Now also I found out it might be fairly easy to get old hardware from
> University's.

Depends very much on your contacts. At the universities in "my" town I
failed so far in making any helpful contact.

Gerhard