[rescue] The onyx godness

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Jan 13 10:16:47 CST 2003

On Monday, Jan 13, 2003, at 10:42 US/Eastern, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:

> Actually, this started when I said something about making a PS/2-to-Sun
> keyboard/mouse converter, and people started telling me I'm making all
> the
> wrong choices.

Heh. You sure are. But don't let anybody tell you it's wrong to learn
something new.

I want a converter to use a Sun keyboard on a peecee.

> I'm starting to think the whole thing is a mistake. I should work on
> learning
> Linux and give the Sun hardware away.

No, no. Do both. Run Solaris on the SPARC stuff, linux and BSD on the
peecees. Learn it all. The utilities and basic systems are alike enough
that you'll be comfortable in both once you're comfortable in one. It
doesn't take long. What did one guy here say? 25 commands?

> I'll keep the tape drive, I'm getting some use out of that.

Keep it all. Seriously.

---sambo