[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

wrmartin at verizon.net wrmartin at verizon.net
Sat Jan 4 07:58:45 CST 2003

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2003/01/04 Sat AM 12:03:29 EST
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

It's a VAX.  Appears to be a MicroVAX 3600, a KA650 or 655 based
> MicroVAX-3.  Slow by today's standards, but not so slow as to be
> without application.  It will run NetBSD or VMS very well, and...well,
> it's a VAX, one of the most elegant processor architectures ever
> designed.  And not actually all that big, either.
>
>         -Dave

The seller answered my email.  It's still available, but he's being crafty.  Wants an offer including shipping.  It's hard for me to tell how big this is from the picture.  Is it like a Sun 4/470 or a deskside Onyx?

I live in Virginia Beach; my son is in SE Pennsylvania.  If it's really big, I suppose that I/we *could* go pick it up...

Bill Martin