[rescue] CD-ROM errors on Indigo2

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 20 18:08:13 CST 2003

Hi All,

Toshiba XM-3401Bs will work on all SGI's from power series machines up to onyxi.  However, if you have a stock drive you have to cut either one or two traces on the PC board to make it SGI aware.  I dont recall the details at the moment, but I think its documented in the SGI FAQ, and failing that google will find the mod (thats how I found it last time I forgot where it was).

Found it:

http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/TSBs/300/tsb0366.htm

--
Cheers,
	Geoff.

 "I sense much NT in you.  NT leads to Blue Screen.  Blue Screen
 leads to downtime.  Downtime leads to suffering.  NT is the path
 to the darkside."        -- Unknown UNIX Jedi
 Home of the SART Observatory http://207.195.94.13/sart