[rescue] CD-ROM errors on Indigo2

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:15 CST 2003

On Saturday 22 November 2003 12:41 pm, Geoff Koehler wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Toshiba XM-3401Bs will work on all SGI's from power series machines up to
> onyxi.  However, if you have a stock drive you have to cut either one or
> two traces on the PC board to make it SGI aware.

Hmm, I think I vaguely remember hearing about that now that you mention it.

Hmm... it looks like making this drive SGI bootable isn't the same thing as
making it work in 512-byte blocks, which I thought the Suns *had* to have.
If I make the drive SGI bootable, will the drive be unable to talk to my
Suns?

Eric