[rescue] SO I got a Cycle QUAD base - need pointers...

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:13 CST 2003

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I got a Cycle Quad base (Ultra 2 MB layout, 4x CPU, etc...) and I have
> a few quick questions:
>
> 1) It has two Power Supplies - What's up with that?
>
> 2) How do I get the PS over the RAM sockets out?
>
> 3) Jumpers for CPU speed - any to be concerned about?
>
> 4) Pointers to manuals? www.cyclecc.com seems out of comission...

1)	This beast needs 750 watts to run, hence the extra p/s.  Make sure
the switch to the primary (larger) p/s is always on.  Use the switch on
the secondary (or the keyboard) to turn the machine on.
2)	There is a screw on the back of the chassis which holds it in.
3)	A Quad will take any ultra-series slot-type CPU, excepting the
440mHz CPU from the Netra T 1405 (167-480mHz).  See #4.
4)	ftp://ftp.tadpole.com/support/3200/Manuals/Tadpole3200_hires.pdf

Cycle tech support is _excellent_.  My quad had a bad pci riser when I
got it, and they replaced it for free.  I have bugged their support
with a variety of inane questions, and they have always been excellent.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.  I
have figured out quite a number of things about this (very cool) E450
clone.

BTW, does anyone have some 400mHz (or faster) cpu's that they are
looking to sell/trade?  I'd like to replace the 4x300 that I currently
have.