[rescue] Sun Ultra 5 video

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 18:07:52 CST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:07:25PM -0500, Chris Purdy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just purchased an Ultra 5 on e-bay and had some questions regarding the
> video.  This machine is essentially and ultra 10 with a horizontal
> form-factor, right?  Will the U10 creator 3d cards work in it?  I can't find
> any refernces to creator graphics in it, only PGX in 8 and 24 bit flavors.

Speaking of U10s, I have a friend with a U10 who asked me some questions
about it that I realized I didn't know the answers to.

(1) Does the U10's IDE controller have a limitation on the size and/or
speed of drives it can talk to?

(2) Can anyone proffer a list of PCI SCSI controllers known to work in a
U10 without CAT-scanning a haystack for the correct driver?