[rescue] IRIS Crimson for Sale on eBay

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:54 CST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:16:06 -0500, jdboyd at jdboyd.zill.net said:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:23:25AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > Even so, I'm about to protect myself from shit like that with a
> > proxy-account at my bank.
>
> Expound please?

You set up a bank account (like www.bofi.com) where you put your
Paypal $, using bank transfers, which take about 2-3 days.  Or you
get a Paypal debit card and withdraw it that way.

But basically, you want an account where you don't put any other
money--the problem with authorizing transfers *to* your bank account
from an agency is that the bank will also accept transfers to take
money *from* your account from that agency as well unless you
make an explicit request in writing that all such transactions have
to be approved by you beforehand.

I have a Paypal debit (gives you 2% back, so you make up some of
that 3% fees), but I also have it linked to a bofi.com account for
the purposes of being able to do transfers.

The debit only allows you $400/day, but you can transfer any amount
in your Paypal account using the transfer method.

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller
  vraptor at promessage.com