[rescue] MP on solaris 9 x86 ??

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:52 CST 2003

> Just to torment myself, Ive decided to install solaris x86 on an old
> digital prioris dual P166 server that I got for free.  I know that MP
> support was taken out of the free version of solaris9/sparc, but does
> the x86 version support multiple processors, or do I have to go back to
> solaris 8/x86?? Thanks in advance for the info...

x86 should do yes. (Well it did the last time I ran that abomination.

sparc version certainly does. It was a change to the licencing structure,
not the actual software.

--
Steven Hill

I love to go to the playground and watch the children jumping up and down.
They don't know I'm firing blanks
                                - Emo Philips