[rescue] DG Aviion 300 rescue?

Carl-Johan Schenstrom cjs at bluebox.pp.se
Sat Dec 20 18:08:52 CST 2003

I have an opportunity to rescue a DG Aviion 300 in unknown condition,
presumably working. There's no keyboard/mouse, no monitor and no OS media.
I don't know if there's a working OS installation on it. I don't even know
if they had internal disks at all. If not, there's definitely no OS on it.

* Will this machine boot with a serial console? 9600,8N1? Standard
pinouts?

* What are the options for installing DG/UX? CD, tape, floppy, ... ? Can
anyone help me acquire the OS?

I have no pressing need to rescue it, but, as most people on this list, I
don't like seeing (presumably) working hardware being thrown away.

If anyone wants this machine, I can pick it up and send it to you. Please
note that it will be gone in a couple of days. Also note that I'm in
Sweden.

//cjs