[rescue] MP on solaris 9 x86 ??

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:51 CST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:40:32AM -0600, koehler at shaw.ca wrote:
> Just to torment myself, Ive decided to install solaris x86 on an old
> digital prioris dual P166 server that I got for free.  I know that MP
> support was taken out of the free version of solaris9/sparc

Uhm, no.  The "free" version is the same version you get if you pay for a
license.  The *license* in the "free" version says its for uniprocessor
systems only, but thats just legalese/licensing terms.  They don't make
two different versions of the OS.  Downloaded ISOs from Sun will work just
fine on any number of CPUs.

Bill

--
bill bradford