[rescue] FS: Closet Cleaning

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:32 CST 2003

Steven Hill says ...

>I also can't be bothered rewiring the place (again).

One day, I hope to live in a house with an adequate electrical system.

In the last 10 years, I've lived in 4 houses, and only in this last one are
the electrics semi-close to right.  I still cringe when I plug something in,
though, expecting instant darkness.

It's better than our first house, though.  In that one, there were strands
of lamp cord powering some of the floor outlets, and a 50-volt difference
between the neutral wires at opposite ends of the house.  It was a rental,
though, and the owner wanted to sell it, not improve it.

This one's ours, and we're staying a while, so I'm thinking about upgrading
the electrical system.  Or maybe I should just buy a combination electrical
substation and telephone CO, and buy that....

-Shel