[rescue] Minimum OS for Indigo2 R10K/IMPACT

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:31 CST 2003

Hello, world.

I have an opportunity to buy an SGI Indigo2 R10K/IMPACT workstation
(R10000SC195/SolidIMPACT). I'll probably go for it, I've wanted such a
system for some time now (well, I'd rather have MaxIMPACT, but the price is
right).

However, the system comes with no OS. I do have IRIX 6.2 CDs that came with
one my Indies, but I'm not sure if that will run this beast. Wasn't a
special later version, IRIX 6.2 for R1000 or IRIX 6.2 for IMPACT required to
get the purple I2's up and running?

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
At weddings, my aunts used to point at me and cackle "you're next!"
They stopped when I started doing it to them at funerals