[rescue] Re-animating older CLARiiON disk array...

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Mon Oct 28 09:04:16 CST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 04:57:54AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    I have a similar Clariion running in production here...I can probably
> take it down long enough to copy that disk, but I'm not sure how to
> copy that data.  I'm also not sure about shipping to/from Germany. ;)

Wouldn't "dd" and gzip be the answer here?  I would think that you
could copy just the first few megs from the beginning of the disk and
that would contain the needed code.  You might have to mount the disk
on some other system to be able to get at the sectors you want,
though.

Alternatively, I seem to recall that you could tell the config program
to initialize a new disk as (forgotten term), which would install the
firmware on that new drive.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |